Injured At A Business
If you’ve been injured at a business, it’s critical to take specific steps to protect yourself legally. We don’t want your case to be lost due to lack of evidence because you may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, time off/lost wages, and more.
Steps to Take if You are Injured at a Business
- Report your injury to the owner or whoever is in charge of the business at the time of the injury. This should be a brief encounter, tell them:
- What happened and where it happened
- DO NOT sign anything, check their written report for accuracy—grab yourself a copy of that for later.
- If no one is there at the time of injury, then write to the business regarding the incident (still remain general in your recollection)
- Do not report that you are “okay” or do not have injuries. It may be hard to go against your instinct to “just walk it off,” but if you insist you’re okay and then develop severe symptoms later in the day/week, the store can claim you were not injured at their location, making it harder to get your settlement.
- Take photographs of the incident location and injury.
- Have a friend (if applicable) take as many detailed photos as they can
- Take video of the scene as well, any documented evidence is helpful
- Seek medical attention immediately—especially if you’re seriously injured
- A doctor’s diagnosis goes significantly further than your personal diagnosis in a settlement case
- Reach out to me. I have over 33 years of experience dealing with these types of cases. I can help you explore whether or not you have a sound case and the best way to approach it.
Get What You Deserve.
Victims of business negligence can seek compensatory damages, or damages suffered, which include medical expenses, loss of earnings, as well as pain and suffering damages caused during the accident or after-the-fact. Victims may also seek punitive damages, which are damages that focus on punishing the defendant to deter them from engaging in similar negligent conduct.
My experienced team is committed to accommodating you in every way possible, including coming to you for meetings, no matter where you live, or providing a digital meeting option.
Our goal is to protect you from attorneys who are just out to make a quick buck. Many personal injury attorneys push for an early settlement that isn’t in your best interest, just so they can get a quick payout without doing the work.
The Steve Caya Personal Injury team has a reputation with insurance companies for being relentless and fiercely advocating for the victims we work with.
I maintain a no win, no fee policy so if I’m unable to win your case, you owe me nothing.